An extreme 800cc motorcycle, lighter than a Vespa
UMC-038 was designed to expose and celebrate the Ducati Scrambler’s iconic trellis frame, hidden on the production model. A new UMC custom petrol tank echoes the line and angle of the frame creating an overall slim body where the seat, tank and headlight are all part of a single tapered form.
UMC-038 consists of three core elements: engine, frame, and body: The engine and other mechanical parts are stripped to bare metal and vapour blasted to emphasise their raw mechanical nature. The frame is painted in ‘Rosso Corsa’, a neon orange colour from Ducati’s MotoGP race bikes. The bodywork has been painted in a solid grey, matching the slim grip vinyl seat, with nickel-plated side panels.
All extraneous components, including numerous plastic panels, have been stripping removed, resulting in a bike that, at 325lbs, is 85lbs lighter than the original.
We’ve created an 800cc motorcycle that weighs less than a Vespa scooter.
Although this particular bike is road legal, we are evolving the design and developing the next generation road-going versions.
2015 Ducati Scrambler 803cc air-cooled L-twin.
Frame, Suspension, Wheels
– Original frame, de-tabbed, original shock mount removed.
– Ducati Monster S2R swingarm, Ohlins monoshock.
– Custom UMC rear subframe with welded-in LED channels.
– Ducati ‘Rosso Corsa’ neon orange race paint (other colours available on request).
– Original 18″ front wheel replaced with Ducati Monster M796 17″ front wheel.
– Original 17″ rear wheel replaced with Ducati Monster 1100 17″ rear wheel.
– Continental RaceAttack Rain tyres (120/70-17 front, 180/55-17 rear).
– EBC wave brake discs, customised by UMC.
– Showa big piston forks, stripped and custom-anodised to match the frame.
– OEM foot pegs and levers, customised by UMC.
– Custom fork guards, designed and fabricated in-house by UMC.
– Rear LED strips, integrated into the rear hoop, act as both brake lights and turn signals.
– Simplified wiring loom with Motogadget M-Unit control module.
– LED headlight, modified and machined in-house, mounted to a custom bracket welded to the headstock.
– Antigravity XPS SC-1 lithium battery installed under UMC custom seat.
– Original ignition retained and relocated to right hand side of frame, under UMC custom petrol tank.
– Motogadget motoscope mini speedometer and instrument lights, integrated into modified top fork bracket.
– Brembo brake master cylinder with 2-into-2 braided stainless steel lines.
– Brembo clutch master cylinder with braided stainless steel line.
– Custom throttle with braided stainless steel cable.
– Custom levers, with integrated LED turn signals.
– Renthal lo-rise handlebar with custom switchgear.
Engine & Exhaust
– Reflashed and programmed ECU.
– Bing single throttle body with integrated air temperature sensor and Uni snowmobile air filter.
– Clear high-pressure braided fuel line.
– Billet oil filler cap and custom front sprocket cover.
– Hydraulic clutch conversion, Ducati clutch slave with braided stainless steel line.
– Clutch case with polycarbonate observation window, UMC-customised clutch plates.
– Rear sprocket changed to 41-tooth to manage acceleration and improve top speed.
– QD Ex-Box exhaust and headers, modified by UMC.
– Custom-fabricated 2.6 gallon / 10 litre steel petrol tank with integrated OEM fuel pump (approximate range 95 miles, 115 miles on reserve*).
– Custom aluminium headlight housing, brushed and polished in-house, 1300 lumen LED headlight.
– Custom aluminum belly pan with mesh front panel and exhaust header cutout.
– Custom seat upholstered in motocross grip vinyl.
* if ridden responsibly, hahaha